Video calling is a reality See family and friends while you talk to them. No other phone makes staying in touch so much fun.
960 by 640 by Wow With a remarkable 960-by-640 resolution in a 3.5-inch screen, text and graphics look unbelievably crisp and sharp.
HD video recording.
Life looks better in HD iPhone 4 lets you record and edit stunning HD video. So it's the only phone - and camera - you need to carry with you.
Never miss a photo opportunity Take beautiful, detailed photos with the new 5-megapixel camera with built-in LED flash.
People have been dreaming about video calling for decades. iPhone 4 makes it a reality. With the tap of a button, you can wave hello to your kids, share a smile from across the globe or watch your best friend laugh at your stories - iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 over Wi-Fi. No other phone makes staying in touch this much fun.
FaceTime works straight out of the box — no need to set up a special account or screen name. And using FaceTime is as easy as it gets. Let's say you want to start a video call with your best friend. Just find her entry in your Contacts and tap the FaceTime button. Or maybe you're already on a voice call with her and you want to switch to video. Just tap the FaceTime button on the Phone screen. Either way, an invitation pops up on her iPhone 4 screen asking if she wants to join you. When she accepts, the video call begins. It's all perfectly seamless. And it works in both portrait and landscape modes.
iPhone 4 has two built-in cameras, one on the front above the display and one on the back next to the LED flash. The front camera has been tuned for FaceTime. It has just the right field of view and focal length to focus on your face at arm's length. So it always presents you in the best possible light.
Imagine your sister is away at university and can't make it to your son's birthday. So you're cheering her up with a FaceTime call. As the cake comes out your son's eyes light up and you just have to share it. Tap a button and before you can say 'Make a wish', iPhone 4 switches to the back camera and to the birthday boy's big moment. Another tap switches back to the front camera and to you. Simple, fast and fun.
Thanks to the Retina display, everything you see and do on iPhone 4 looks amazing. Text in books, web pages and email is crisp at any size. Images in films and photos are stunning at almost any angle. That's because the Retina display's pixel density is so high, your eye is unable to distinguish individual pixels
The iPhone 4 Retina display uses technology called IPS (in-plane switching) - the same technology used in the Apple LED Cinema Display and iPad - to achieve a wider viewing angle than on typical LCDs. Which means you can hold iPhone 4 almost any way you want and still get a brilliant picture. That's perfect when you're sharing photos with a friend or moving your iPhone round while playing a driving or flying game. In addition, the Retina display offers four times the contrast ratio of previous models, so whites are brighter, blacks are darker and everything is more beautiful.
Made from the same materials used in helicopters and high-speed trains, the Retina display glass is chemically strengthened to be harder, more scratch resistant and more durable than ever. The glass also features an oil-resistant coating that helps keep the screen clean.
The Retina display includes LED backlighting and an ambient light sensor that intelligently adjusts the brightness of the screen for optimal viewing and battery life. When you lift iPhone to your ear for a phone call, a proximity sensor immediately turns off the display to save power and prevent accidental dialling.
Because your iPhone goes with you everywhere, you're always ready to capture every moment. And with iPhone 4, you can do it in stunning high definition. Its advanced backside illumination sensor delivers great-looking video in both bright and low-light settings. And in dark environments, you can brighten the scene with the built-in LED light.
Never miss a photo opportunity. The 5-megapixel camera built into iPhone 4 captures amazingly detailed images. A built-in LED flash illuminates low-light scenes. And the 5x digital zoom gets you closer to the action. You can even shoot self-portraits with the front camera.
Autofocus keeps things sharp and the macro lens takes great close-ups. But you can also tap the iPhone display to focus on anything in the picture — a face in the background, for example - before you take the photo. Focusing also adjusts exposure and white balance automatically, so you get the best-quality photo possible.
At a candlelit dinner, on the beach at night or wherever the light's not bright, you can still get great shots with iPhone 4. The advanced backside illumination sensor allows you to shoot low-light photos that are brighter and clearer than ever before. And iPhone 4 now includes a built-in LED flash that automatically fires when it's needed.
Apple iPhone 4 16GB Specifications
Size & Weight
- Height: 115.2 mm (4.5 inches)
- Wiph: 58.6 mm (2.31 inches)
- Depth: 9.3 mm (0.37 inches)
- Weight: 137 grams (4.8 ounces)
Camera / Photo / Video
- Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- 5-megapixel still camera
- VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second with the front camera
- Tap to focus video or still images
- LED flash
- Photo and video geotagging
- Retina display
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 960x640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating front and back
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Mobile & wireless
- UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100MHz)
- GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz)
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless technology
TV & Video
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Support for 1024x768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
Power & Battery
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time:, up to 7 hours on 3G, up to 14 hours on 2G
- Standby time: up to 300 hours
- Internet use:, up to 6 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: up to 40 hours